Thursday, November 6, 2014

How Priveleged I Am to Be Called to Serve the Lord!



On Halloween the Square closed early and the WHOLE mission got to do a temple session together!  We had potato bar for dinner and then headed over to the temple.  I had never been in the Salt Lake temple before.  It was beautiful!  I love being in the temple.  The temple is a place you will always feel the spirit.
Happy Halloween with a yummy potato bar
  Saturday Sister Palmer and I got to do "Explore Day".  This is a time when we can go visit the historic sites so we can learn more about the history to improve our teaching skills.  It is also a time I am allowed to take my camera out and be  "tourist". If you know me, you  know that I brought my camera. :)  We went to the Beehive House and the Conference Center.  Along the way I was trying to think of ways to tie the history to the gospel.  We had a lot of fun!  Later that evening all of the new sister had the chance to go to Walmart to buy food.  Let me tell you this was not a pretty site to see.  Why?  I have never had to shop for my own groceries before.  I have gone grocery shopping, but my mom usually has a list of the specific items she needs and I use her Safeway coupons and discounts.  That's the other thing I have never bought my groceries form Walmart.  I know I'm lame, but adulthood go the better of me.  :) I was worried I would spend all $200.  Guess what my bill was?... about $50.  I know you are all shaking your heads right now.  That's Sister Aquino for you.

Beehive House


Sunday I got to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing!  Oh they sounded beautiful!  I absolutely loved it!  For most of Sunday I am in GS (Guest Services).  Here I schedule tour appointments or give information for anyone who has a question about Temple Square.  My two favorite places to be are out on the Square or GS.
Music and the Spoken Word

Guest Services

 I love my Savior.  I love this work.  I know that through the Atonement all things are possible.  Trials and tribulations will come our way, but if we rely on the Savior for strength He will help us overcome our sorrows and heartache.  I believe the Book of Mormon to be the most correct book.   If read with an open and humbled heart, you will find answers to your questions, worries and fears.  I love the priesthood and I am grateful for how it has blessed my life.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

I love you all!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment