Thursday, November 13, 2014

Christ Lives!



Little flakes of white are beginning to fall from the sky!  I know I am a beach girl, but I am so excited for the snow to come!  Did I just really say that?... The things a mission can do to you. :)  I love being here on Temple Square.  I would never change it for anything else, honestly.  A mission is very exciting, but also hard work.  I know I have just begun, but I have had such remarkable experiences, just this week, that have really strengthened my relationship with the Savior.

On Thursday November 6th, my class (all the sisters that came the same day as me) attended "The Living Christ Meeting" with President and Sister Poulsen.  The Living Christ is a document written by 12 apostles of the church, bearing testimony of the Savior.  We sisters were asked to read it before the meeting and to write our testimony on the back of it.  In the meeting each sister stood and shared a favorite part of the document that stood out to them and shared their testimony.  Words cannot express how strong the spirit was in that room.  The love that each of us has for the Savior is wonderful.  I invite everyone to read or re-read this The Living Christ so that you too can come closer to Christ. 

Friday morning Sister Palmer and I had a friendly visitor come to our door as we were on our way out.  His name was Hunter.  Hunter is a beagle!  He was being brought to do a bug inspection in our apartment. (Today we found out we do have bugs. Yikes!)  I took a picture of him and he reminded me of our dog, Lehi. 

We had TC (Teaching Center) in the morning and we called (a man that) Sister Palmer found on chat when the two of us were on exchanges a few days ago.  He is a single dad.  He is very busy and stressed with work.  He owns a car body shop.  One day a couple of ladies brought their car in and gave him a mormon.org card.  He decided to check it out and chatted with Sister Palmer.  She sent local missionaries to his home and they happened to be the same ladies whose car he fixed.  Go figure! :)  So Friday we called him, and he was in the middle of cooking dinner for his son, but he said we could call him Wednesday (yesterday).  Sister Palmer and I were on exchanges yesterday as well, but she did not get to talk to him because he was meeting with the local missionaries!  Yay! 

Saturday morning Sister Palmer and I went to the DA DI and scored some clothes!  Love free cute clothes! For my workout that morning I did the  French zumba with my roommates.  Daddy would probably get a laugh at it.  It is more dance workout moves than stretches, but it is still a workout.  It is so funny! Our other roommates are from Japan, Madagascar, Brazil and Venezuela.  I love them all!  

We had Zone meeting which was really fun!  We had a lesson on comp unity and the activity was to try and get the smarties into your comp's mouth. hahaha.   


Monday was Explore day!  Explore day is any day we as Temple Square sisters choose to go to the church history sites and take tours and pictures.  Sister Palmer and I went with Sister Taylor and Sister Fraiser.  It was so fun!  We went to the Releif Society building, the COB (Church Office Building) and Welfare Square!  We had lunch at the COB.  Delicious!  While we were getting food I saw a lady wearing a pretty scarf.  I complimented her about it.  She came back to us insisting she pay for her food.  Of course we respectfully declined, but she continued to insist so we allowed her to...I was very grateful for her generosity.
Tuesday we took a tour.  They were three guys, all members.  One of them reported to the MTC (yesterday).  He is going to the Philippines.  He is a convert to the church.  The other two guys were the missionaries that taught him.  One was the first one to teach him and the other was the one to baptize him.  How neat!  I got to do the TAB (tabernacle) pin drop demonstration for the second time.

This morning we got Christ mas training!  I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  excited for Christmas!  We will also get to see "Savior of the World".  I cannot wait!

Christ does live.  I know that through our faith and obedience to the Lord we will be blessed.  I have already witnessed the Lord's hand in the work.  I know that families can be together for eternity.  The family is a beautiful and precious gift given to each of us.  The temple is the gateway to binding families for eternity.  I believe in miracles.  I know the experiences that I had this week were no mistake and they were not a consequence of anything I have done.  It was the Lord's way of testing my faith, building my character and showing me His love.  I did grow so much from the trials that I had.  I am far from perfect, but through Christ I can do anything.  I believe in a loving Heavenly Father who IS aware of our needs.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

I love you all!
Sister Aquino
Thank you family, Granny Wade and Perry Family!


No comments:

Post a Comment