Friday, November 28, 2014

Christ IS the gift

Hi!
Monday I got to eat at the Lion House for free  because I passed off giving a tour. 
 




Each week our zone has a theme we are to focus on and study about.  Last weeks was "How we view ourselves and others."  Interestingly enough this really stuck out to me.  For whatever reason I became very self conscious of myself.  I began to worry what the other sisters thought of me.  I was also losing confidence in my teaching.  Friday evening we were at EF (Eternal Families) desk and a lady was sitting on the couch watching the mormon messages.  She had been there for a while so I eventually decided to go and talk with her.  She was an RM (Returned Missionary) as of a few weeks ago.  We were talking a little bit about her mission, and her family.  Then out of nowhere she said something that she tells every new missionary. "You know enough.  Never think that the older missionaries know more than you.  Their experiences will always be different.  God called you here because he needed you here.  No one else can do what you do.  You were set apart and you know enough.  Trust Him because He trusts you."  I became teary eyed.  I needed to hear that.  She didn't know me, she didn't know my fears and needs and yet she was able to make that statement as if she did know me and my struggles that week.  The power of God never fails.  This experience is one of the many that has taught me that my Heavenly Father knows each of His children personally and will send angels to guide, comfort and protect us. 

On our way home Friday evening I saw my friend Alexa from BYU Hawaii!  She was in her car and when she saw me she quickly changed lanes and came out to see me.  I was so happy to see her!  That totally made my evening!
Saturday it rained pretty hard.  I really do NOT like walking in the rain unless I am in Hawaii.  especially do not like being in the rain wearing a skirt.  Not only can a mission change you, it is also meant to help you like things you usually don't.  I haven't appreciated the rain yet...
Tuesday we sisters got training for the new church video "He is the Gift".   Watch this video! (you can click on the link here...  He Is the Gift
It is very moving and peaceful.  The church bought the front page space on youtube for December with this video on there.  In New York the church bought billboards!  In the Temple Square North Visitor Center they built in a T.V. on the wall that plays the "He is the Gift" video.  Also they covered the Old Testament paintings with the Nativity story.  Yes this video is huge!  I am so excited!  

Tuesday evening I was at EF desk again and to my surprise guess who came walking in?  Bishop Garrett and Adam.  It was nice to see them and chat with them for a little bit.  I didn't have a camera, but Bishop got a picture of us on his phone. 
Hi Bishop Garrett!

Wednesday Sister Palmer and I (along with other TS sisters with Hawaii connections) were invited to eat at a missionary couple's home, the Serraos  They know Tutu and Aunty Val very well.  We ate local food; spam, Portuguese sausage, crab egg, musubi, POG.  So delicious!  I have left overs :)
No sign of snow yet! I feel like I am in California.  It is so weird!  How am I supposed to make my Christmas card if there is no snow!  Hopefully it will come sooner than later.  It did snow a little bit on Sunday and I got super excited!  I took a picture in it!
so excited for this little teaser of snow


Today the Christmas lights will be going on.  I cannot wait! 
Temple Christmas lights testing in the morning



I love this gospel.  I love that our relationship with the Savior is personal.  Christ's gift IS a gift to us all.  I love my Savior and the peace He brings into my life.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Love,
Sister Aquino

No comments:

Post a Comment