Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Happiness

Sunday we walked up to the Christus and saw a girl looking up at the statue.  I felt we needed to talk with her so we approached her and unlike many people, she right away smiled and said "Hi!".  Her name was Julia and she was a member of the church.  She just seemed to be the bubbly and optimistic type; someone that bursts with sunlight and warms your heart.  We asked if she had seen God's Plan and if she would like to see it.  She quickly got up and we went.  Before we started the presentation we asked that she share what made her the happy individual that she was.  She said, I love knowing who am I and that Heavenly Father cares about me no matter how small I may be in this entire universe. I love being happy and having this wonderful message in my life that lets me remember that I'm here to help others and to bring them into Christ. This gospel is the best thing that's ever happened to me and I will never give it up. 
Although she did not say, I am sure like all of us, Julia, has experienced trials, but instead of allowing them to discourage her, she applied the Atonement into her life and used God's love to define who she is today. 

Julia's beautiful smile
Her remarks really stuck with me and I want to add my testimony to Julia's.  Happiness comes from being a witness that Christ performed the Atonement.  I am a witness.  I am grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.  I am a work in progress.  I have many flaws and weaknesses, but I am who I am today because I trust in Heavenly Father and I love my Savior.  There are many different reasons as to why I decided to serve this mission, but the main one is because the gospel of Jesus Christ brings me happiness.  I am happy when I read the Book of Mormon.  I am happy partaking of the sacrament each week.  I am happy when I attend the temple to make covenants or promises with Heavenly Father.  I am happy when I pray constantly throughout the day to my Heavenly Father. I am happy when listening to President Thomas S. Monson, our living prophet.  I am happy when I use the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I am happy to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of-Latter Days Saints.
If you want be happy, find who you truly are.  If you are trying to find yourself apply the gospel of Jesus Christ.  As a missionary my purpose is to help others grow closer to their Savior and guiding them to take necessary steps that will make them happy eternally.  If you are feeling lost or discouraged, my companion and I would love to help you!  Please email me and we would love to share more about the gospel of Jesus Christ with you and teach you how to apply it in your life!

I say these things in the name of my beloved Savior, Jesus Christ.  Amen.
I love you all!  You are all beautiful sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father!
Sister Mikeila Aquino
 

So fun to run into Sister Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment