Tuesday, December 8, 2015

What gift will you give the Savior this Christmas?

Christmas signifies the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  It is a time of joy, a time of peace and a time of happiness; and yet, there are many who feel the opposite; stress, anger, sadness.  Sometimes we may feel that God does not love us or He has forgotten about us because of the trials we are given. 

The LDS church has made two videos this year to remind us of God's love to His children.  I shared the video, "A Savior is Born."  in my last post. If you haven't had a chance to watch it,  I invite you to do so first, and then to watch this one,  "Imagine a World without a Savior."
As you watch this video, I invite you to ponder what gift you want to give the Savior this Christmas.  Maybe it is using more appropriate language, or saying "I love you more." Maybe it is reading the scriptures, saying more fervent prayers, or listening to our parents more.  Sincerely pray so you can know how to bring yourself closer to Savior this season and this new year.
God does love each and every one of us!  His love is shown through the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Without Christ's birth, we would not have joy or the ability to repent.  When I repent and am forgiven, I feel that joy.  I love my Savior.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

I love you all!
Sister Mikeila Aquino


No comments:

Post a Comment