Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Wash the Feet of the Sisters





General Conference was spectacular!  I loved seeing the bright colored flowers, the clear blue sky; feeling the warm sun and meeting the crowds and crowds of people from all over the world!  It is one of the most miraculous sights to see! 

Because of the conference we met mostly members, but there were some guests not of our faith and it was wonderful to share with them that there is still a prophet today, from whom we can receive guidance for our lives!   

One of the greatest lessons I learned from General Conference and MLC (Mission Leadership Counsel), is that we, as disciples of Jesus Christ, must tend or serve our fellow men in order to be happy individuals.
In MLC, President Risenmay bore testimony of what it truly means to be a Christ-like leader.  He shared of the time Jesus Christ washed the feet of His apostles.  This got me thinking of how I needed to "wash the feet" of the sisters in my district more often.  Each of us as members have been given a calling or are currently serving in one.  We do not have to be a Bishop or Stake President to act as a leader and diligently serve.  What ever the calling may be I invite you to be a righteous example and continuously serve those in your ward specifically. "For I was hungered, and ye gave me meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in; Naked and ye clothed me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me." Matthew 25:35-36.
Never forget the "worth of souls is great in the sight of God".  God loves us individually and He knows what we need.  We need to be the answer to someone else's prayers.  That someone may be the sister quietly sitting next to you in Relief Society or the single parent struggling to get the children to church.  That someone could be the Bishop himself.   

I know that the Savior is the master of service.  He is the director of this church.  I hope to be His hands and obey His will.  I am grateful the Savior forgives me for my mistakes and shortcomings.  I am grateful that Joseph Smith asked God to know the truth.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Love,
Sister Mikeila Aquino
 
Saturday Afternoon Session of General Conference

My wonderful mission president and his wife.

Look who we ran into! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment