Wednesday, April 27, 2016

An Honor to Serve on Holy Ground

I cannot believe this mission is coming to an end!  Words cannot describe how I feel.  Some days I am not sure what to say about my mission, but one thing is for sure, I have been more converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ, and knowing that makes me happy!

For eighteen months I have been striving to share the message of the Restoration to as many as I can.  As I believe I have mentioned in previous posts, my mission scripture is D&C 100:5-6 which states,  
Therefore, verily say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that 
shall put into yourhearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; For it shall be given you 
in the very hour, yea, in thevery moment, what ye shall say.
 
Last Thursday I was on exchanges with Sister Leyes from Argentina.  We were at the reflection pool and approached "Fred".  He was staying in Utah for a couple of months for work.  Right away he asked who we were and what we did.  We explained that we were missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and our purpose was to invite others to receive the restored gospel.  We then pulled out the Restoration pamphlet and began to share our unique message.  Reciting the First Vision was refreshing and spectacular!  That day the sun was bright and warm, the sky was clear blue and the spirit was strong!  Sister Leyes and I knew the spirit kept us balanced with one another and our tongues were loosed.  Fred then asked, "Well what do I need to do if I were to become Mormon?"  With enthusiasm we pulled out the Book of Mormon and shared about baptism. He accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and to learn more!  Sister Leyes will continue to teach Fred.  When she called at the scheduled appointment we had made, he was busy, but, he had started reading the Book of Mormon!

I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  His love is soothing and assuring.  I am grateful that I have weaknesses so that I may be able to find joy as I overcome them!  It is such an honor to serve on holy ground where families are sealed for eternity.  I know President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God.  Joseph Smith did see God the Father and Jesus Christ.  Obedience is a commandment that secures our eternal salvation.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.  

Love,
Sister Mikeila Aquino
Sister Geraldino was in my MTC zone.  She went home last week.

Some of the departing class-we sang on Sunday

 

No comments:

Post a Comment