Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Another Witness of Our Savior

Happy New Year everyone!  2016 is here!  Another year to find and experience miracles!

January 1 for us was wonderful!  There was quite a lot of people that came to visit Temple Square and it was exciting! 

In the evening we went to contact guests in the Tabernacle and we met "George" (name changed for privacy) and his father.  They were visiting from Ecuador.  Since George's father could only speak Spanish, George translated for me. They didn't know anything about the Tabernacle so I began to explain the history and original purpose for the building- to listen to a living day prophet speak without the use of a microphone.

This was one of those moments that the spirit was flowing right through me.  I began to ask questions and bear testimony of things that were not my own words.  The message of the Restoration came up and I could feel that their hearts and spirits were listening.  I knew they felt Heavenly Father's love for them.  I asked them if they had ever read or heard of the Book of Mormon.  George had because his brother was actually Mormon.  This surprised me that hadn't brought it up before, but I guess the Spirit helped him to be open about it.  He said that he had read the some of the Book of Mormon in the past.  He and his brother hadn't ever talked too in depth about the Mormon religion before because George didn't know what to ask.  I invited George to read his copy of the Book of Mormon again and to "liken" or relate the words to himself.  He said he would. The Spirit was so strong!  

I am a witness that the Book of Mormon is for every individual on this earth.  I know God's love is poured upon me when I have the desire to listen to what is being said in the words of the prophets.  I urge each and every one of you to read the Book of Mormon.  Before reading, get on your knees and ask Heavenly Father  for strength to understand what is being taught. 


If you have any questions or doubts at all about the Book of Mormon please visit mormon.org to chat with missionaries like me.  We would love to help you increase your faith and understanding of the Book of Mormon.

I love you all!

Sister Mikeila Aquino

No comments:

Post a Comment