Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Turn to the Savior, Always!

I apologize for not writing last week!  Each day has gone by way too fast and so much is filled in these days!  I am so grateful for all of the lessons I have learned!  I would like to share one of these that really touched me.
In the evening we were contacting people in the basement of the North Visitor Center. We had planned to go to the reflection pool next, but then Sister Cariñote said we should go to the Christus. At first I asked why not go to the reflection pool as we had planned, but agreed to go up to the Cristus. I am so grateful Sister Cariñote acted on that prompting. We approached a lady sitting on the couch.  There, leaning against the couch, was a big blue envelope  with the name 'Sara' written on it. We asked who the artist was. The lady responded that it was her daughter, Sara, who has autism. She said that Sara loved art and was downstairs looking at the paintings of Christ. The mother began to cry and said when Sara wants to come to Temple Square, they come. We asked if there was one particular Christ-like attribute she learned from her daughter. I shared that those of us not with special needs are the different ones and that we have so much to learn from them. She continued to cry as she explained that Sara always focuses on the Savior. The spirit came to me and taught me that me venting or having self pity for my trials was selfish. I needed to focus on my purpose as a missionary. Sara soon came up to the ramp and we we got to see some of her art.

 We can learn from Sara, to center our lives more on the Savior instead of the things of the world, and, as we strive to follow Him and use His atonement, we will overcome the things of the world.The invitation I give to all of us this week is to turn our hearts more towards the Savior.  Put down the phone and say a prayer;  turn off the television and play with the kids;  put aside the homework and read the scriptures.  I promise you peace and a surety of God's love for you.  I love my Savior.  He has blessed me with experiences that humble me and remind me to turn to Him always.  Not just when times are difficult, not just when I want to pass my test, not just when I want a lesson or tour to go well, but always!  
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Love,
Sister Mikeila Aquino



Doing a little quilting while waiting for the next tour

Organ Tour!

Since the Salt Lake Temple was closed, we got to go to the Bountiful Temple





No comments:

Post a Comment