Friday, October 23, 2015

The Book of Mormon-the keystone of truth

God does exist! Many of us are raised to believe in Him and yet over time and through trials some of us doubt God or forget He exists. Life is filled with so much beauty but also much darkness. Why then,  when we experience difficult times, do we begin to doubt God or start to believe He does not exist? God is never the source of pain, confusion or distress. How do I know this? It is simple. I pray and read The Book of Mormon.

During these past two weeks, we have met a few people who don't believe in God either because they have had difficult experiences or they don't see the evidence.  The Book of Mormon is a witness that God is real and His son, Jesus Christ is our Savior.  This transfer, President Poulsen has titled it "The Keystone Transfer".  The Book of Mormon is the "keystone" or the "center" that holds the truth together.  In 2 Nephi 2:13 it states, 

 "And if ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery. And if these things are not there is no God. And if there is no God we are not, neither the earth; for there could have been no creation of things, neither to act nor to be acted upon; wherefore, all things must have vanished away."

If you are searching to know if there is a God or if He really does know you, read The Book of Mormon. I can promise you nothing more than happiness, joy, peace and confidence. My companion and I would love to help you know how you can come to know God. Just send us an email.

The Book of Mormon only speaks truth because it is a book filled with revelation from God.  I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon and yes he was a true prophet called of God. I am a witness to all that God lives! He answers me, He heals me and He knows me. You can experience this too, through The Book of Mormon.

I love you all and I know God is mindful of each of you. Just be mindful of Him and all of the blessings He has given you. All of the confusion and turmoil will be swept away as you act in faith and The Book of Mormon. I say all of these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love, Sister Mikeila Aquino

No comments:

Post a Comment