Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Because a prayer was answered...

I love being here in Arizona! The Gilbert and Cooper wards are
wonderful! The members take such great care of us and make me feel at
home.

The Gilbert Ward just got done with Young Women's Camp this past week
and on Sunday some of the girls and leaders shared their experiences
and testimonies. The theme for their camp was "1820". 1820 was the
year the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was restored by a
young boy named Joseph Smith. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
Saints is the same church that Jesus Christ established while He was
on the earth. At fourteen years old, Joseph Smith questioned which
church he should join. He read James 1:5 and then did as the scripture
had directed, ask God. He knelt in prayer in a grove of trees and a
miraculous event occurred. Joseph gives his account, “I saw a pillar
of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which
descended gradually until it fell upon me. … When the light rested
upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all
description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me,
calling me by name and said, pointing to the other--This is My Beloved
Son. Hear Him!”  Joseph Smith saw God the Father and our savior, Jesus
Christ. They told Joseph that all of the churches that existed had
bits and pieces of the truth, but they did not have the fullness of
the gospel of Jesus Christ. Through Joseph's faith and obedience to
the Lord many blessings and truths have been restored back to the
earth for everyone to receive.

The young women all shared how grateful they were to Joseph smith for
having the confidence and faith to pray for guidance from our Heavenly
Father. The leaders had each girl complete the sentence "Because a
prayer was answered..." After listening to their talks I decided to
complete this sentence for myself.
Because a prayer was answered I have the priesthood authority of God
in my life to strengthen my weaknesses and help me overcome my fears.
Because a prayer was answered I will always have my beautiful family
who loves and whole heartedly supports me. I have the Book of Mormon
available to me to receive guidance and peace.  Because a prayer was
answered I can once day be sealed to my future husband for 'time and
all eternity'. Because a prayer was answered I know Heavenly Father
and Jesus Christ lives!

If you ever have doubts that God exists, pray! If you ever feel lonely
or discouraged, pray! If you need guidance to make a decision on
anything, pray! I can promise you in any circumstance, God will answer
your prayers, just as he answered Joseph Smith's and mine.

The Tempe Arizona mission uses Facebook for missionary purposes. My
companion and I would love to answer any questions any of you might
have about the Church of Jesus Christ or why I decided to serve a
mission! Feel free to send me a message and I will reply as soon as I
can!

I love you all!
Sister Mikeila Aquino

FHE with the Gambles!

My beautiful roommates!

Me and my adorable companion, Sister Sinamban at
"Feed My Starving Children" service project

Red, White and Blue!
MLC with the Zone Leaders, Elder Haskell and Elder Hawes

No comments:

Post a Comment