Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Faith Creates Miracles; Miracles Are of God

And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.
(Mormon 9:18)

Miracles occur every single day.  Whether it is a miracle of people surviving a natural disaster or a simple miracle of birds flying, all of these miracles come form our Heavenly Father.  Every week brings me new miracles to experience.

Every night during daily planning, Sister Chayama and I think of a "Goal for the day".  Last Tuesday our goal was to give out two pass along cards.  As as we walked the cross walk on our way home from emailing and shopping, I said "hello" to a guy on his bike. As we were walking up the hill past the library, I heard a bike chain break! I looked behind and it was the guy I saw in the street. Eventually he made his way up behind us. He stopped over to the side so we decided to talk with him. He was originally from Nigeria and came from New York to Utah to go to Utah State. He had heard of the church, but had never been to Temple Square. The thought crossed my mind to give him a mormon.org pass along card. Then I thought to give him the Temple Square facebook card. He was really nice and we both went our separate ways.

When we got to the apartment I realized we had achieved our goal! I had completely forgotten about it! This experience taught me the importance of goal setting. When we set goals that are realistic, but serve a righteous purpose, Heavenly Father will make it happen. As we follow the example of Jesus Christ and rely on the Spirit, that is when Heavenly Father can use us to fulfill His promises to His children.

Thursday we were walking on the Square and by the Assembly Hall and we noticed a couple taking pictures of the temple.  We decide to go talk with them.  The husband was off to a distance taking pictures, but we stopped to talk with the wife.  She told us they were visiting from France and they were members.  We continued having a great conversation when the thought came to mind, "Ask her where in France they are from."  So I did and she said southern France.  Another thought came to mind "Ask if Bordeaux is near there."  So I did and she said yes.  I told her that my dad served his mission in Bordeaux.  She looked at my name tag and thought to herself, "Elder Aquino, Elder Aquino... Elder Aquino!"  Her eyes lit up and a big smile spread across her face.  She knew my dad!  When my dad served in her branch, she was a recent convert.  It was really neat to meet her.  She called out to her husband and I think she told him what we had just discovered(she spoke in french).  I know for sure my dad did not teach her, but he must have had a n impact on her because we just kept hugging and hugging.  She was such a sweet heart!  From this experience I have gained a greater appreciation for my Daddy serving a mission.  As a missionary I am sure my dad never knew how much of an impact he made on others' lives, but his choice to serve definitely made an impact on me.

On Friday I go to meet Sister Palmer's (my trainer) sister, Caitlyn!  She was so sweet and seeing her brought back memories from my first two transfers!

So many more miracles happened this week for me and our investigators.  The Lord is definitely watching over His children.  So many of them are making great changes to their lives and are bringing themselves closer to Heavenly Father.  They have learned to recognize the Spirit more frequently and to be able to be a part of the experiences they go through is incredible!

I am grateful for temples.  I know that as I continue to live worthily and strive to keep the temple in view, not only will I be blessed, but our investigators will, as well.  I love them so much and I have great faith that more miracles will occur for them this next week.  I am grateful to Heavenly Father for placing me in my own "Gethsemane" so that I can use the atonement of Jesus Christ to strengthen my personal testimony.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book on the earth.  I believe when we have faith to make a change in our lives, such as, read the Book of Mormon
or listen to the words of our living day prophet, Thomas S. Monson, that is when the miracles of God can happen in our lives.  I know these things to be true.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
Love,
Sister Aquino


Happy Valentine's Day!


Music and the Spoken Word
So fun to meet Sister Palmer's sister, Caitlyn

Too bad the Japanese language doesn't automatically come with wearing the flag :-)









NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment