Saturday, August 15, 2015

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy."

July 20-July 26

The sabbath is a very sacred day. It is the day we are commanded to put aside the things of the world and to focus on our savior, Jesus Christ. This is the time for us to study and ponder the scriptures, 

Sunday was one of my favorite days of this past week! The spirit was very strong all throughout the day! The Sabbath is a special day. It is the day I partake of the sacrament to renew my covenants, or promises, with God; One of which is my baptismal covenant. Growing up for the most part I have always loved going to church! Ever since I have become an adult and especially on my mission, I have learned the greater importance of the sabbath. The sabbath is more than just attending church. As members of this church we are commanded to treat the sabbath has as a sacred day. We are to do uplifting things that solely focus on our Savior. Besides going to church we also should spend time with our family. In the evening we visited the Bodily family and they all had their scriptures out and we all read and discussed the chapter.    

Singing hymns or songs about Jesus Christ is a wonderful way to bring the spirit of the sabbath in your home. During church, Sister Freeman and I were asked to introduce ourselves in Primary( Sunday school for children). They then asked us to share our favorite primary song and then we all sang it. I chose "A Child's Prayer". As I watched each of the children's precious faces sing those beautiful words, the spirit immediately filled my heart. I choked up and could hardly sing the song myself. I wish all of you could have been in that room to hear and see what I did. From that experience no one could doubt that God exists and that Jesus Christ is our Savior. 

For dinner we went to the Gallagar home. All throughout dinner we expressed to one another our gratitude for the temple and the covenants each of us have made there. Something as simple as sharing your testimony of the gospel with your family and friends is a wonderful way to spend your sabbath.

These are obviously several other ways to spend your sabbath and so I want to invite the members of the LDS church, specifically, to commit yourself to make one change you will do to improve your sabbath day. I promise as you make these changes, contention and negative stress will leave your home and you will have more opportunities to share the gospel around you.  For those of you who are not of the Mormon faith, but have Mormon friends ask them why the sabbath day is important in their lives and pay attention to the feelings you have as they share their thoughts with you. 

I love the peacefulness of church and partaking of the sacrament. Reflecting on the convents I have made with God is a sacred time for me. I know both the Bible and the Book of Mormon to be Godn's word. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Sister Mikeila Aquino




          Sister King came out with us to our appointments. We love her!


                  Dinner at the Carpenter home. Aren't they the cutest!


No comments:

Post a Comment