Saturday, August 15, 2015

Patience is a Virtue

Blog July 27- August 2 
 
Temperance means " self restraint". Patience, " is the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated, or anxious." In Relief Society, the lesson was on temperance and patience. This made me think of this last Thursday when I was not very patient. We had planned to contact less active and part member families. We also asked many members to come out with us, but no one was available. We also were not able to find anyone home to visit. I became discouraged and began to be impatient. I felt I was being unproductive because although we were trying to do something, we weren't doing anything. There was one point we were parked and I just felt emotionally lost. Sunday's lesson reminded me that I cannot control the circumstances around me, but I can control ho I react. Because of the gift of agency from our, loving Heavenly Father, we all have the ability to choose for ourselves. My frustration and and irritation Thursday did not come from the choices of others, it came from mine. I encourage each of you to choose to be patient and temperate in all aspects of life. I have not quite mastered this Christlike attribute yet, but I am working on strengthening this weakness as well. The next time you feel upset or discouraged, take a deep breath, say a prayer and maybe sing a song. 
President Thomas S. Monson, our living day prophet stated, " Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required."

As I have strived to increase my patience towards myself and others, I have been more at peace. I am able to see the Lord's hand in my,life and His purpose for challenges that come into my life. I hope to one day master the virtue of patience, and no matter how, long that takes I know the Lord is helping me each day. I love sharing the gospel! The Lord has created such incredible individuals on this earth whom I have grown to love so much! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 

Sister Mikeila Aquino

                 Our first bike ride together!


No comments:

Post a Comment