Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness!

 I apologize that I have not been updating the blog for the last few weeks!  I have had them all written up and ready to go, just have not made the time to post them.  I am very sorry!

June 22-June 28
One of my favorite children's church hymns is "The Family is of God".
The chorus says,
"God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be
This is how He shares His love
For the family is of God"

Wednesday night we had dinner at the Burke home. What a wonderful
family! They have six children, three boys and three girls, just like
my family! We shared with them the video, "You Never Know" and invited
the kids to think of ways that they can show their love more to their
parents. We also invited them to write each of their names on a slip
of paper, put the names in a jar and every week they would each pick a
name to serve throughout the week.

I love my family! I hold them close to my heart. My family are my best
friends! Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness is centered on the
family. In "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" it states,
"Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on
principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love,
compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine
design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and
righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life
and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible
for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities,
fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal
partners."
Our family relationships should be treated sacred. As we follow the
example of Jesus Christ we will be happy for eternity.

I invite each of you this week to choose a family member that you will
serve this week. As you do this I promise that your homes will be
filled with love and peace and the spirit of the Lord.

I love my Savior Jesus Christ and the peace I feel when I am happy
with my family. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I love you all!
Sister Mikeila Aquino


The Burke Family!
 Eating at my first Filipino restaurant!



        We have been blessed with wonderful members! Thank you Sister Litster,
Sister Reeder, and Amelia for coming out with us!







!

No comments:

Post a Comment