Monday, May 11, 2015

Rainy Day Miracles

This past week it has been raining on and off.  Unlike Hawaii, the rain here is so cold and I don't like being in it.  Wednesday I was not thrilled at all and I just wished the rain would go away!  Then Thursday, I had a change of heart.

I was on an exchange with my Zone leader, Sister Andre, in the Assembly Hall.  A couple came in and we started talking with them about the building.  They were not members of the church, but they knew quite a bit of the church's history, specifically the trek made from Illinois to Utah.  We started talking about the great faith the early pioneers had in order to come to Utah.  We then started talking about the Book of Mormon and invited them to accept a copy for themselves.  They accepted the invitation and so we went over to the South Visitor Center to give them a copy.  While Sister Andre was finding a copy and talking with the wife, I continued to talk with the husband.  I asked about their road trip and how much longer they would be here, and so on.  He told me that they had not planned on coming to Temple Square, but because of the rain they decided to stop and find a campsite for the RV.  Wow!  I may not like the rain, but Heavenly Father knew exactly what He was doing; He always does!  Had it not rained Wednesday, this couple would probably not have stopped at Temple Square and would not have received a copy of the Book of Mormon.  They did not want to stay in contact, but because they have the Book of Mormon I know they are safe and will be happy!

I love how creative Heavenly Father is with the ways he teaches us!  I was humbled and now I know to not complain about the rain again.  Who knows what other miracles I may have missed?

I hope all the mother's had a wonderful Mother's Day!  You are all very special and know that you are very loved by Heavenly Father and those you serve.  I love my Mommy!  She has shaped me into the person I am today.  I hope I can be a compassionate, caring, strong and beautiful mother as she always will be.  Talking with my family was such a blessing and it was a memory I will always cherish!

Happy Mother's Day!
Sister Poulsen...the mother of our mission!



My invitation to each and every one of you this week is to take your discouraging moments in life and find the miracle in them.  As difficult as life can be there is always a miracle and blessing in our day because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I promise you that as you find the miracles in your trials you will be so much more happy!  Your relationship with Heavenly Father and the Savior will grow!

I strongly believe trials and hard aches are one of the ways Heavenly Father shows us his love.  The way we live our lives reflects the love of the Savior.  I know it is through the principle of prayer, reading the scriptures and having a relationship with my family that I am able to be happy!  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love,
Sister Aquino

Music and the Spoken Word


Welfare Square Youth Group Tour

Sisters n Stripes



No comments:

Post a Comment