Monday, April 20, 2015

Faith


Another transfer has come and gone!  Crazy!  Sister Hampton and I will be serving at Welfare Square this transfer!  I am excited to learn more about the welfare program!


Bye Guest Services!
 Last week I was assigned to drive some of the sisters to the airport to go home.  Because I am not the best at directions I am typically a little nervous with driving a lot of people, but when I woke up in the morning I was ready to go!  When I looked outside I saw snow, but I still felt calm and confident to drive.  Well, when we first got on the freeway I missed the exit so I got off the next one and continued to follow the signs toward the airport.  As we continued driving I could tell we were no where near the airport!  At this point I was very nervous, frustrated and upset.  I felt really stupid for getting us lost!  The snow and wind were blowing terribly strong and although I had the windshield wipers going I could hardly see anything. Eventually I decided to pull over and call one of the leaders in charge of the cars.  We said a prayer and then decided to turn around and get back on the freeway.  Thankfully we made it to the airport!  I knew how to get back home, but of course, I missed the exit again and of course we were stuck on a long strip that took us no where!  I prayed and I prayed and I prayed that we would get home safely.  Since I am writing this you can probably figure out the end result of the story.


Although in the moment I was really upset with my self and the whole situation, I learned a lot!  This experience really tested my faith.  I have always known the gospel of Jesus Christ to be true, but it is situations like this one that help me to appreciate and build upon my faith more.  I am sure the pioneers of the church were scared, nervous, frustrated, upset, lost and confused at times as they walked across the plains and not knowing where they would end up or how they would survive.  However, I do know that because of their tremendous faith in Heavenly Father that they reached Zion and were able to enjoy the blessings from the trial of their faith.  Today, I too, have the opportunity to enjoy the blessings of the pioneers sacrifice and faith.  I am privileged to walk on sacred grounds everyday! 

In Ether 12:26 of the Book of Mormon it states,
And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

I bear a strong testimony that when we have faith in Heavenly Father during our trials, He will bless us as well as our families.  If you do not have this faith or you are unsure of how to gain some, read the Book of Mormon and pray to Heavenly Father to strengthen you.  I know that because we said a prayer, Heavenly Father was able to comfort me and to guide me back home safely.  Just like the pioneers, we too can act upon our faith because of our love for Heavenly Father.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Sister Aquino
SNOW in April!!!!!!
 

Sister Hampton passed off!  Our trip to the Lion House-Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment