Thursday, March 26, 2015

Because He Lives!

This last week another one of Heavenly Father's precious children entered the waters of baptism and his name is Chris!  Last transfer Sister Chayama got a voice mail from Christ telling her that he had gotten a call from us and was calling us back.  The funny fact is that Sister Chayama had never called Chris before.  Well,l he agreed to start learning more about the gospel from us and a month later he was baptized!  Chris is from Mississippi and so we never knew what he looked like, but because we could feel Heavenly Father's love for him as we talked over the phone, we were able to truly know who he was.  It was exciting when he sent us his pictures from the baptism!


    Temple Square gets more and more beautiful every single day!  The flowers smell very refreshing, the birds are chirping, the weather is warm and gorgeous, and to top it all off, the Temple radiates the light of Christ.  General Conference is next week and I am very excited to be here at this time!  As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we believe that the same exact church that Jesus Christ established when He came to the earth still exists today.   We believe there is a living day prophet for the whole world, like Moses and Abraham.  Today, our prophet is Thomas S. Monson.  General Conference occurs ever six months and it is the meeting that the prophet and the apostles speak to us.  They give us council and direction that God has given them.

    Easter is also approaching!  The church has made a new video for Easter.  The message is all centered on the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Because He lives). I invite each of you to watch this video and share it on your social media with an uplifting message as to why you are grateful for the Atonement or Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Had Jesus Christ not been resurrected from the dead, we would never have the opportunity to have eternal happiness.  I love my Savior and my Redeemer, Jesus Christ.  All of my pain,my weaknesses and my shortcomings would never be erased had He not sacrificed himself for me.  I know that He died and was risen!  I know that He lives!  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment